Thursday, December 08, 2005

New Today: Chapter Six

The sixth in my series of golf/zen essays was posted today.

As you read Chapter Six, you'll see that the upcoming topic for Chapter Seven is the true golf fundamentals. Out of the blizzard of conflicting instruction, I'm proposing to take the huge risk of publishing my opinions on the few true golf fundamentals.

Before I make that public commitment, I'd like to hear your own pesonal ideas, and I'm willing to pay for them. To the person (or "persons"... perhaps 2-3?) who come closest to matching me, I'll award free copies of my golf/zen novel, The Hole of the Third Eye: A Fable of Golf, Zen, and Life.

Comments??

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger CallMeBobby said...

Great Podcast. I have spent 30 years in the Martial Arts and have played Golf for almost 10. One of the interesting things I learned was how radical the teaching difference was. My MA master didn't speak english , in fact it was 5 years before he spoke to me, only his son would. He would come by saw me a position , and demonstrate it. Much was centered on the breath and "soft eyes". When I started golf I was show position 1 , position 2 etc. in a few weeks. Nothing was centered around self. I learned to feel the joy of a well hit ball without care of direction. Zen.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Guy said...

I like to think, "Just hit the ball, slowly."x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home