Saturday, October 29, 2005

November Golf: A Zen Exercise

November golf β€” it's wonderful! The weather is cool and crisp... the fairways and greens have recovered from summer burn-out... I'm comfortable in a sweater and don't leave the course refreshed, instead of dripping and exhausted... the leaves are turning and beautiful... and the course isn't crowded anymore. It is really β€”in my opinion β€” the best time of the year.

The problem: here in the North East, we're only weeks away from temporary greens, which will end my seasson and send me inside for the next four months and to another attempt at writing the next great American novel.

The exercise: can I focus on the beauty of the moment and not obsess about what's coming?

(New today: a personal review of Nike Slingshot irons)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home